Formatting an Unformattable Pen Drive… A simple DOS Command
This entry was written by Rakesh.
Perhaps these days almost all of us are well aware of pen drives and use them a lot for files transfers from one PC to another or sometimes use them to listen music or videos stored on the flash drives. But sometimes the excess use of these pen drives from one PC to another results into infection with some rare viruses which cause them to malfunction like folders missing, capacity shown less or sometime we even couldn’t format it. The reason for such a problem a virus residing in the pen drive makes the system busy so from windows environment it becomes hard to format it or access it properly. So below is the simple DOS command thru which you can easily format a pen drive :
- Goto Start –> Run.
- Type Cmd & press Enter.
- Type the following command line
- Here G: refers to your removable disk drive letter.
- Press Enter.
Now I hope your problem will be solved if in any case there is still a problem then I will advise you to download the best tool for pen drives “HP Format disk Utility” which is quite a very good application that can fix a lot of pen drive related problem. Below is the download link:
Articles of your intrest
- How to Check an USB Flash/Pen Drives for Damaged or disk Corruption
- Control and Manage USB Ports: Disable any specific devices – Printer, Scanner, Removable media etc..
- Forget Login Credentials: Use USB pen drives as a Computer Key
- How to Hide Disk Drive Partition letters in Windows 7 or Vista
- Can’t Play a Game without a CD/DVD; Mount image over Virtual Drive
- No Folder showing in Windows Explorer from a Pen Drive or Memory Card
- Google Chrome Browser for your pen drive: Portable Google Chrome