This is one of the many irritation we have with windows; when we have to search for any file and came across any file or folder which we want to open while retaining the previous window…. but can’t do nothing as there is no option… if this is so then now you not need to worry… below is a registry tweak which will solve your problem.
In this article you will learn a way using Registry Settings which will add a contextual menu with the right click of Mouse Button over any file or folder. To do so follow these simple steps:
1. Open the Registry Editor by typing regedit in the Run box
2. Now navigate to the key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell.
3. Right click on Shell and select New -> Key and name it as Open in New Window (the name is one which will appear in right click menu).
4. Now again right click on Open in New Window key and create its sub key with the name command.
5. On the right side, double click Default and enter value explorer %1. as shown below
If every thing goes well you will now have a new menu as “Open in New Window” as shown earlier.
If in case if there is any problem you can also use the readymade built in registry file download and extract and double click to install.
Download Registry Settings Click here