Though Chrome.exe is an executable file used to run the Google Chrome browser, but it has found that there are some virus named as Chrome.exe; if you find the chrome.exe alike file name or process running at the location where it should not be then may be your system is infected by the so called virus. Chrome.exe is a virus that installs itself as a process on your computer’s hard disk. It hides itself and tends to run in the background of your execute programs unprompted. It silently reads the email and phone contacts; and then communicate with hidden websites; and create, modify, run and/or remove any files or processes on your computer. With the description mentioned it is clear that it has the ability to steal most of the valuable data which we don’t want to share. That’s why it is so important to remove Chrome.exe, to protect your personal data from future attacks or identity theft.
1. Temporarily Disable System Restore, Reboot computer in SafeMode. (Though you can also try system restore to set your system to a back date may be one or more months back; though this may cause some of your application or drivers not to work which you have installed between the duration but may solve out your problem.)
2. If system restore doen’t work, then locate CHROME.EXE virus files and uninstall CHROME.EXE files program. Follow the screen step-by-step screen instructions to complete uninstallation of CHROME.EXE.
3. Delete/Modify any values added to the registry related with CHROME.EXE, Exit registry editor and restart the computer. With in the registry find a key as Shell at location HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\
Ensure that the value of Shell key on right side is none other than Explorer.exe
4. Clean/delete all CHROME.EXEinfected file(s): CHROME.EXE and related,or rename CHROME.EXE virus files.
5. Please delete all your IE temp files with CHROME.EXE manually, run a whole scan with antivirus program
Hope this will sort out your problem and not forget to scan your pc with a reliable antivirus….